About the Company
We are a cutting-edge company based in San Francisco and Vancouver, B.C. We build tools and software allowing content creators to engage with their fans, monetize their broadcasts, and grow their channels.
As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
If you like working on new technologies, have an impact on millions of users, enjoy investigating and resolving user issues and innovate, then this role might be a great fit for you.
We’re looking for a Senior C/C++ Engineer to join our distributed team. You will work on the backend of our streaming software. As a full-time developer, you will be responsible for producing high quality code on par with our quality standards. We do not micromanage. You will own your product.
Our application is open source and interacts with multiple other external dependencies, often open source as well. Part of your mission will be to gain deep knowledge in all sub repositories and be able to maintain and improve them. In addition to that, your goal will be to add new features for our users, improve the performance of the application and its stability.
- Work with a team of highly talented individuals to release new features in a timely manner
- Maintain and resolve complex coding issues in the application
- Improve the CPU and GPU performance of the application
- Create and integrate new C++ modules interacting with third party applications
- Improve our testing infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 5+ years of experience developing complex C/C++ desktop applications, with focus on performance and robustness.
- Experience working on Windows with Visual Studio C++
- Experience in video streaming
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Be a team member who is willing to listen, learn, teach, and be passionate about having a serious impact
- Experience in video encoding, specifically with the H264 codec
- Experience working with big open source projects like chromium, nodejs, libuv, protobuff, ffmpeg, etc
- Experience with OpenGL or DirectX
- Familiarity with content creation
- Location: USA or Canada. (Proximity to San Francisco, CA or Vancouver, B.C is a plus.
- Telecommuting: You will work either in one of our offices (San Francisco or Vancouver) or remotely (your choice).