About the Company
We are a technology platform that connects healthcare professionals with flexible job opportunities. Our mission to help people everywhere get care. Founded in 2017, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the history of the healthcare staffing industry, and were recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.”
Our platform is an end-to-end community and employment system allowing the company to serve as the employer-of-record for the healthcare professionals that they work with. This allows us to create a best-in-class experience throughout the entire candidate lifecycle, from acquisition through retention, while eliminating stressful, employment-related overhead from both our clinical professionals and healthcare partners.
- Interesting and meaningful work and professional growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and equity
Our technical challenge is to build both a marketplace, where every clinician can find something of value and be connected to career opportunities, as well as an enterprise SaaS platform enabling healthcare providers to fill every shift in the most optimal way. We need to balance the speed of development and rapid iteration
We use Ruby on Rails for our backend, React for our web clients, React Native for our mobile app, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres.
- Serve as a technical leader and architect to the engineering teams in solving complex business problems
- Collaborate with the product team in defining cohesive roadmap for our products
- Build a strong IC culture, enabling best practices in design and architecture
- Up-level engineering culture across the organization
- Build a culture of mentorship across the engineering organization.
Who you are:
- Collaborative. You are passionate about our mission and excited for the work we do. You take pride in building software that doesn’t just work, but is also delightful to use.
- Proactive. You act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company. You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Works with honesty & integrity. You work to earn trust and maintain confidence of internal and external stakeholders. You do what is right, not just what is expedient.
- Strategic thinker. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends. You are able to deal with complexity and change.
- Extensive technical leadership experience
- Experience building SaaS Enterprise and/or Consumer software systems
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with the product teams, understand business problems, and find innovative technical solutions
- Experience in product feature / technical roadmapping
- Experience up-leveling engineering IC culture and mentorship. Passionate about creating an IC culture of ownership, development / growth and mutual support.
- Experience with a wide array of languages, frameworks, and approaches. Ability to quickly, independently and effectively ramp up on a new technology.
- Strong coding and code-review skills. This position is expected to contribute code to projects as well as up-level other engineers through mentorship and code reviews.
- Knowledge of Ruby On Rails is strongly preferred. It is expected that within a short time of starting employment, the candidate will become an expert in RoR.
- Interest or experience in engaging with the wider open-source community is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; desire to work in a remote-first, distributed team
Company Location: Our headquarters are in San Francisco, CA.
Work Location: This is a remote position (USA, Nationwide).