About the Company
This is a unique opportunity to get on the ground floor of an Industrial AI start-up founded by a Stanford professor.
Our aerospace-grade AI applications use proprietary AI/ML algorithms to improve maintenance, logistics, and supply chain operations. In heavy equipment fleets, such operations could account for over 60% of the asset lifecycle costs. The company has won substantial business from US Air Force and is looking to leverage it into scalable growth in the short term, and an exit in the medium term (a couple of years).
We are looking for an AI Application Engineer who will be ultimately responsible for analytics tuning, data engineering, customization, scalable deployment, and usage. We use information decision technologies such as controls, estimation, optimization, operations research, statistics, and Machine Learning. The ‘Rocket Science’ processes for xAI involve modeling & simulation, verification & validation.
A successful candidate will understand what our application does, how the analytics software works, and help make feature development and new application deployment processes work smoothly. Depending on interests and experience, this position may become more data engineering, advanced analytics, or product management-oriented.
You will start in a part-time consulting position at a competitive hourly rate. As the business grows, you will have an opportunity to transition to full-time.
- Data Engineering including input data interface cleaning and normalization, data analysis, analytics engine preprocessing and postprocessing
- Results presentation: AI report generation and customization, GUI specs
- AI verification and management of simulation test cases
- Interface with our software group as well as with the customers and partners
- Project coordination and documentation for components, products, and processes
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, Physics, or a similar discipline, from a top-120 school.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, operations research, and/or systems engineering including at least some of the following: statistics, optimization, controls, signal processing, applied math, and related practical applications.
- Hands-on experience with Matlab or Python
- Exposure to AI/ML applications is a strong plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Product and/ or project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and use technologies necessary for AI integration.
- Programming skills in one or several languages, preferably Java, Python, or Julia
- Experience working with cloud applications. Interest in and/ or experience with Cloud deployment and DevOps is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
US Citizenship Required: This position requires the ability to work with Controlled Unclassified Information for the Department of Defense.
Location: This is a remote position. USA, Nationwide. Proximity to either our Palo Alto, CA or Atlanta, GA office is a plus.