A well-funded for the next 4 years of growth, Series B startup backed by the top VCs and advisors (Wing VC, Upfront Ventures, Tribe Capital and others), is looking for Staff and Senior Staff Software Engineers passionate about the mission of improving access to the mental healthcare clinicians and the quality of care for millions of Americans.
Over 65 million Americans suffer from a treatable mental health issue – that’s 1 out of every 5 people. Today it’s difficult to find a provider, and for those with complicated conditions, it’s nearly impossible to find coordinated care. The company’s mission is to fix this problem.
The company is at the intersection of tech + mental health with thousands of therapists, psychiatrists, and other mental health services delivering care through a virtual first approach. Their platform matches patients with exactly the right person for their needs, whether it’s experience with a certain condition, gender, race, location, life experience, etc.
- Lead technical discussions and drive key technical decisions that will impact our systems’ growth, performance, and scalability for the next 2-5 years
- Work with engineering management and other senior technical folks to help shape the direction of the Applications Group and the whole Engineering Org.
- Work with the team to build great product that is both scalable and provides amazing experiences for our customers
- Mentor and grow the members of your team.
- Take on broad, hands-on technical ownership of systems across our product
- Design and Develop critical components of the systems
- Work closely with Foundation (Technical Operations) team to both understand and influence the tooling and approaches they are providing
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Track record of successful technical leadership without authority, lead-by-example style
- Strong experience designing and developing complex SaaS systems on top of AWS or GCP
- Experience developing applications which use an event-based model, queuing and/or publish/subscribe
- Microservices development design and development experience using NodeJS and TypeScript, GoLang, or Java
- Knowledge of SQL AND NoSQL databases.
- Proven ability to build buy-ins across the teams and drive all phases of the development lifecycle: planning, design, execution, and measuring success
- Empathy and collaboration skills; the systems we envision will require a great deal of healthy cross-team and cross-functional relationships in order to be realized
- Ability to balance urgency and care, as well as make effective tradeoffs that balance business priorities, user experience, and technical foundation
- Ability to mentor and grow other engineers