We are a leader in developing software for 3D product design, simulation, manufacturing and other 3D related products. We provide business and people with collaborative virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating ‘virtual twin experiences’ of the real world with our platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production. Our applications accelerate the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
You will develop cutting-edge fluid simulation and design optimization software products that are used worldwide in industries such as ground transportation, aerospace and motorsports.
Our team is responsible for the development of a GUI-based simulation preparation tool, including 3D graphics display, which allows engineers to import geometry from their CAD models, prescribe simulation behavior, and then explore/review their model before running our Lattice Boltzmann-based fluid flow solver.
Your responsibilities will include adding new features, enhancing internal object-oriented frameworks (C++) for improved performance and maintainability, and accelerating our migration to the cloud-based, collaborative environment.
You will tackle interesting software engineering problems, writing code that is maintainable, extensible and robust. Usability and performance will be priorities, since we strive to make the complexity and large data sets inherent in fluid simulations manageable by way of intuitive controls and straightforward workflows.
For most projects, you will work independently, with opportunities to make your own design decisions. However, you must also be a good collaborator who can work closely with other software teams, as well as with various domain experts (physics, computational geometry, aerodynamics, thermal, aeroacoustics, etc.) to design and implement new product features, which satisfy customer requirements.
- Solid C++ programming skills, including familiarity with STL, as well as modern (C++ 11+) features
- Solid grounding in computer science theory
- MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems.
- Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux.
- Object-oriented design
- Appreciation for good, clean API design and elegant, generic frameworks which are satisfying to use, maintain and extend.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills; able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with commercial CAD and/or PLM tools.
- Familiarity with geometry meshing packages and related concepts.
- Experience with one or more toolkits for 3D graphics, such as OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, or HOOPS
- Experience with Python
- General physics familiarity and/or previous exposure to fluid dynamics
Location: This is a hybrid position. You will work from the office 2-3 days/ week. Waltham MA is preferred; Providence RI and Detroit, MI will be considered.